Sunday, October 18, 2009

saturday

we went to the met with the group in the morning. Walked around central park until it opened. The met is huge, it's an all day museum for sure. we tried to take in as much as we could and still got lost inside of that place. We had lunch at this amazing place from a recommendation from some really nice people on the street. It was an organic pastry and sandwhich shop. I had a cream cheese danish for lunch. After that we hoped a cab down to the south piers for moni's surprise. I had made us a reservation for a helicopter tour of New York and it really was worth it. It was beautiful! And super fun. Halied a cab and went to times square. It's cool but I think maybe I watched too many movies because it wasnt nearly as grand as I had expeceted. Apparently the lense they use to film t.v. shows makes the stage look ten feet longer that it actually is. So this must be the same effect. I apologize if none of this makes sense, I'm completly drained and should be in bed. I wish I could do a much better job at this for all of you. So we waited around in times square with all its lights and tourists, for our broadway show to start. We stood in the TKTS line and got 40 dollar tickets to mary poppins. It was so amazing. I think it was the best choice we could have picked for our first broadway show. With pyrotechnics and flying people and amazing stage changes. So fun. Our only wish was that we had more than three hours sleep from the  night before. (there was a mix up and the teacher forgot that the unaccounted for extra room was for us, so he gave it away and we had to walk the halls knocking on doors trying to find someone who would help us out. That's why we had very little sleep) After Mary poppins we did our very best to get back to the hotel but of course our first night in the big city and we got lost. We had to run through subways and down streets and then back up streets and then onto trains to only get right back off to switch trains to hail a cab to then get ripped off just to get home. But we made it and now have much better berrings on where to go. So we learned from that expirence. Once again i apologize for the crazy random and spacy blog, but Im very tired. I also forgot my camera cord so I cant upload pictures and the flip I bought takes forever to upload. But Im doing my best to keep you all updated. I'm crashing out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment